Use this rich and creamy sauce to make a delicious cauliflower cheese for your Sunday roast.
Syns per serving: 1.5 Syns on all plans**
**add 4 Syns per serving if not using the cheese as part of your Healthy Extra A choice.
• 25gm cornflour (4.5 Syns)
• 3/4pt vegetable stock
• 100gm reduced-fat Cheddar, grated**
• 1 level tsp Dijon mustard (0.5 Syns)
• 2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
• freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small pan, mix the cornflour with a little of the vegetable stock and mix well until the cornflour has dissolved. Add the remaining stock and cook until thickened, stirring continuously.
2. Stir in the Cheddar cheese and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until melted.
3. Add the Dijon mustard and flat-leaf parsley, season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.